Sunday, June 14, 2009

NFRC 5K for Families

One of my faaavorite 'pageant' questions is what are three words that best describe you-- for me, resilient comes to mind. And I think it's only fitting that one of the first organizations I contacted to help was the National Family Resiliency Center. What they have done in terms of education and family wellness is extraordinary. And to help support their work, I was joined by over 100 partipants in their annual 5K for Families and 1mile fun walk early Saturday morning.

Introduced as a 'celebrity' by Executive Director, Risa was a bit of an overstatement but I'll take it! I shared a few words about my own journey-- I have just been so priveledged to speak on behalf of great causes within the community in the past month of my reign.

Photos of the beautiful morning in Ellicott City at the Meadowbrook Park are by a great sponsor and photographer, April Sims. Please visit the event page at: http://www.pictage.com/671530




No comments:

Post a Comment