Friday, June 19, 2009

Children's Guild Annual Report

When you think Annual Report you think numbers, auditors, blah blah blah. But not at the Children's Guild! This year's theme-- the circus. Less the grand buffet style dinner you'd think you'd stepped into an Off Broadway theatre house or Barnum and Bailey stage... complete with tight rope walkers, a bearded lady, a man on stilts, you just had to be there! The auditorium had been completely transformed.

The self-proclaimed "Greatest Show on Earth," was just that-- fun-filled, inspiring and a chance to spot light the successes of today's youth as well as those who are courageously shaping their minds. I first met Dr. Ross, President, Director and Monday night's Master of Ceremonies when I attended the premier of my first Public Service Announcement the evening after I won my title. Little did we know that it would be the start of a great friendship and year long collaboration.

It is no wonder the students who enter the doors of the Guild are changed by the education and attention they receive-- I know I was just having spent a few hours there. I broke into a tiny tear fest when one of the students Chardonnay Cary sang her version of "At Last," accompanied by one of the Guild's music teachers, former accompaniest to the famed Billie Holiday. Chardonnay will be back to attending regular public school for her senior year next year. Congratulations! For more information on the Guild, please visit their website-- http://www.childrensguild.org/. And please let me know if you are interested in attending another benefit in September to support them.

Thank you to both Susannah Dowell and Tya Anthony who took photographs of the event-- their photos to come.

As for my own snaps-- here are a few... one of the first song numbers, Dr. Ross and Chardonnay.





No comments:

Post a Comment