Friday, November 13, 2009

GSCM Green Carpet Event

As they say, time flies when you're having fun! And no sooner than I had stepped on the "Green Carpet" entrance of the Girl Scouts of Central Maryland 3rd Annual Event was I congratulating the top 5 sellers in the region during the closing ceremony.

I, along with two other queens I greatly admire, Adrienne Watson Carver Mrs Maryland International and LaQuisha Hall Mrs Maryland Galaxy, was a Distinguished Guest for the evening. We were warmly welcomed by the Girl Scouts at Port Discovery Children's Museum in downtown Baltimore-- and if you have never been, I highly recommend it for a fun night our or daytime activity with any children in your life. Which reminds me, I've got one free ticket for anyone who wants it, courtesy of my goodie bag!
10 wonderful chefs from around the state shared their unqiue recipes with the crowd-- all of which incorporated one of the classic cookies we all love. I have a particular affinity for the newest addition to the bunch-- Thank You Berry Munch which was incorporated into a delicious tart by Chef Bryan Montz. For all of the night's recipes in our souvenier Playbill, including Spicy Trefoil Chicken Fingers (Chef Mason Ambrose at Salt), Striped Bass Mole and Rice (Bill McKinley of McCormick & Schmicks) and more, send me a message and I'd be happy to send it along!

And no GSCM event would be complete without me attempting an outrageous stunt. Remember my infamous climb up the rockwall at PAVE camp?? Well, if you make your way to the top of the museum you can hang gilde through the 3rd floor or the museum. And yours truly, with the help of about 40 young ladies cheering on the sidelines and the attention of guests down below, couldn't resist. Photo to be posted as soon as I get it!

But that's what I love about the GSCM-- I continue to be pushed to my limits by their infectious enthusiasm and can do anything attitude. Photos below are of me and the cookies, receiving my official Girl Scout pins and my latest adventure (pic courtesy of Rachel Matthews)! *PLUG: Dress courtesy of "Party Dress" in Fells Point right next to Yogato. Go see them! Dresses and fro yo, it doesn't get better than that on a single street block downtown*


1 comment:

  1. We truly did have so much fun!! :D

    Great interview with Angie, Nicole! You are one of my favorite Maryland girls!! ;) I learned many new things about you in this interview and I am very impressed. What a powerful and much needed platform! If I can support you in any way, I definitely will. Stay strong, positive and beautiful! :D

    By the way, I too received a negative strand of comments about a queen in the pageant community... which is why I started "Positive Pageant People". However, what goes around comes back around, the reason why I give a lot of love and support (and it all comes back to me!)

    Love you, sweets!

    ReplyDelete