Saturday, November 28, 2009

Y of Central Maryland Turkey Trot!

I woke up with a pretty severe cold but it was well worth braving the weather for the 14th Annual Y Turky Trot in Bel Air! I was joined by over 1,500 runners and walkers from around the area. And it wouldn't be a proper turkey trot without indians, a running can of cranberry sauce, a group of gentlement wearing kilts and a herd of reindeer!

Not only was it a great way to kick off the holiday season, all proceeds went to the Y's Annual Giving Fund, which supports the organization's services for those who could otherwise not afford them.

Congrats to the top 3 finishers in age categories ranging from 9 and under to 60-69, and I'll have to say I need to seriously work on my 5k time before entering again next year!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to the Turket Trot in Bel Air, my daughter was excited to meet you. Continue to represent our state with grace and poise.

    RR of Bel Air

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely comment-- Bel Air is a hop skip and jump from where I live, looking forward to another event in town.

    Keep in touch and all the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete