Saturday, November 14, 2009

GSCM Stuff a Van for USO

There is no better appearance than when two of my favorite forces unite for one great cause! I, along with a group of highly enthusiastic Girl Scouts (and moms) sold cookies and raised money all for the USO at Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. Veterans, families, friends and active members of the armed forces stopped by the GSCM display inside as well as the USO van outside to show their support. Little helpers did their part by coloring cookie bags for the holidays to send overseas.

By the time I left, donations were stacked over over my head, and I was wearing heels! Photos below are of the children who took the time to decorate holiday bags, the very talented Danita Terry of GSCM and of course the cookies!



No comments:

Post a Comment