Thursday, October 1, 2009

Baltimore's Annual Chocolate Festival!

Now THIS is the event I've been waiting for. When my dad was still working at UMMS, just a few steps away from Baltimore's famous Lexington Market, he would take my siblings and I to the Annual Chocolate Festival every October. And as much as I protested saying goodbye to summer, I knew the fall season would bring chocolate and more chocolate!

Attending the event as Miss Maryland United States certainly added a new dimension to the experience but it was just as I remembered-- although I'll have to admit I was never witness to the chocolate eating contest, which I had the pleasure of judging this afternoon. Two second year University of Maryland Medical students, 4 chocolate treats and less than a minute each (2 chocolate covered strawberries, my personal favorite chocolate strawberry shortcake, the biggest chocolate cupcakes I've ever seen and a fudge dipped apple) made for an entertaining time!

The festival will be running through to the weekend-- enjoy live music and the best eats (and sweets) in town! Speaking of live music, I walked away with a set of new drumsticks from "Inquiring Minds," today's band. Now all I need is a drum set! And you can't go to the Market without stopping by Faidley's for their award-winning lump crab cakes-- Bill, thank you so much for my delicious dinner tonight!

Hello to my new friend Pat Borque-- watch WBAL tonight for coverage of the event! Thanks to Darlene, the Marketing and Promotions Manager at the Market as well as the vendors who sent me away with a bag full of goodies! Below are photos of Darlene with the contestants (Priscilla and Qadira), daddy and my brother Paul as well as the friendly gentleman from Moore's chocolates.



No comments:

Post a Comment