Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oktoberfest for the Troops!

Now that the dust from a whirlwind week of midterms and Loyola MBA events has settled I can blog about the Oktoberfest for the Troops!

By my count I think there were about 500+ attendees packed into the main ballroom at Michaels in Glen Burnie! Vets, troops, families and supporters alike gathered to feast, raise money and dance the evening away. The top prize at the silent auction table-- two round trip tickets on British Airways and hotel accomodations, also raised $1000+.

And no 'fest would be complete without like Polka and party classics by "Memories." If anyone has photos of me joining the line dance, please forward them along! Hello to the staff at Skye Hospitality who attended the event as the presenting sponsor. Thank yous to Shauna and family for adopting me for the night, Reagan my ticket selling partner and the rest of the USO volunteers for your efforts.





No comments:

Post a Comment