Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miss Teen Baltimore Interviews

Wow Wow Wow! It was quite a different experience being on the other side of an interview table at Miss Teen Baltimore! I am overwhelmed by the poise and talent of our young women. I have such a greater understanding of what issues are on the minds of teens, the value that pageantry has introduced to their lives and the community, how the composition of families has changed since even my own generation and am coming to terms with the fact that I wouldn't have stood a chance against some of these ladies when I was their age.

And the day would not have been as memorable without the company of a vibrant panel of judges, including CEO of Suited to Succeed Baltimore Cleona who I've already had the pleasure of working with, the even more beautiful in person Mrs Maryland Galaxy 2009 LaQuisha Hall, and my pal and Mercy Girl Miss Maryland United America 2009 Alicia Taylor.

I am very much looking forward to crowning the city's youngest and brightest queens tomorrow night! Join us at Lindale Middle School in Linthicum, MD for the final show!

Photos below are of the panel for Jr Teen and Teen as well as the state director and I.



No comments:

Post a Comment