Thursday, September 17, 2009

Young Women of Color Conference

I am so happy to pass along the following information about the 2nd Annual Young Women of Color Conference:

Please mark your calendars for October 24 for a day of empowerment. For only $15, you can join the dialogue about such topics as leadership, self-esteem and community spirit! And if anyone is an authority on these issues it is our very own Miss Jr Teen Maryland US Tiara Smith who is among the speakers! I am always blown away at her confidence when we are out at appearances. [For more on Tiara, please visit her website at the link in the right column of my page.]

I often laugh and think back a decade-- yes, I am 10 years older than Tiara, I cannot believe it. The young woman I am today is much different than the girl I was 10 years ago who although was a fixture in the community and active in a wide range of activities, struggled internally to find a voice for herself. And for everyone that knows me, those days are long gone-- I take advantage of every opportunity this title has given me to share my story!

This year's conference theme: "I Am Powerful." Please visit the event website for more information, http://youngwomenofcolorconference.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment