Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stepping Out in Style Fashion Show

As I dive into my gift bag from the Dress for Success Stepping Out in Style Fashion Show, I can only feel honored to have been part of a beautifully executed event. It was with grace that Cleona (CEO and Founder of the Baltimore Chapter), the Board, special guests and sponsors came together in a continuing effort to support women who strive to be successful in work and in life.

The Kimpton Hotel Monaco on Charles Street was a modern backdrop to this networking event and fundraiser. If you have not yet been to this new addition to the downtown hotel district, I strongly encourage you to book a stay there-- the customer service is world renowned and lived up to all of its accolades. With guests to the walls of the back lobby turned runway for the evening, it is no wonder why the organization has experienced tremendous expansion-- a committed following of supporters and clientele.

I ran into Debbie Phelps for a second time during my reign. Not only do we both advocate for the Children's Guild in Baltimore, providing long term solutions to the community is also the foundation of our platforms. I'm sure she's met 1000s of fans in her travels and speaking engagements, I was pleasantly surprised to find she remembered me and our conversation about education.

And as if that wasn't enough, Al Reynolds was the Emcee! I also met the owner of one of my favorite shopping destinations in Harbor East-- Handbags in the City. The most amazing accessories and now clothes call this boutique home. He was kind enough to donate the bags used in the fashion show to Dress for Success-- lucky ladies! And I WILL be stopping by after Viva Italia tomorrow! Please visit their expanded location on Aliceanna as well as in Mt Washington Village or online at handbagsinthecity.com.

Photos below are of Cleona, Debbie and Al.





No comments:

Post a Comment