Sunday, September 27, 2009

Viva Italia to benefit the Children's Guild

No rain/umbrella debacle to report today-- only sun and shiny cars! At the 5th Annual Viva Italia car show, I spoke to hundreds of car afficionados and Children's Guild supporters about my year as Miss Maryland US, the importance of education, my experience with the Guild and Dr. Ross's contribution to the community. Knowing I was reaching the end of my MBA program, the emcee made a hilarious remark about why everyone was gathered there today...
We are here for two reasons, to support the Guild and find Miss Maryland a job!


What started in Annapolis as a small idea for a fundraiser has since grown to fill the streets of Harbor East with over 100 of the area's finest cars! Check your tickets to see if you've won the Toyota Prius! (For more information on how you can donate , go online to: http://www.childrensguild.org/ )

And no Children's Guild event would be complete without performances by their staff and students. My personal favorite was Hank Williams' Hey Good Looking kindly dedicated to me by a wildly talented trio of friends.

Also ran into ex-KPMG'er Matt and his beautiful wife Cari, spotted a blue jump suited 'Elvis', hung out with my new friends at Handbags in the City, took a hilarious photo of a Lamborghini with a Filipino license plate and purchased the most expensive 20oz fountain soda from Taco Fiesta (wompwomp).

Photos below are of Dr and Mrs Ross, addressing the audience and Baltimore's youngest Idols!







No comments:

Post a Comment