Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dress for Success

As a woman, young professional and Miss Maryland US, I realize the power a great suit can have on my confidence at an event, interview or appearance. And that is the sentiment behind an organization like Dress for Success.

I first met Cleona on my first day at my internship and our Women Spanning the Globe Event. There, Dress for Success accepted donations of gently used or new professional attire and accessories for women transitioning into the work force. It was a collaboration that just made sense-- the region's leading female business leaders empowering Dress's clients, most of whom are single heads of households and in need of job training and assistance.

I extended my hand to her and she responded in an invitation as a guest to their "Stepping Out in Style" Fashion Show. I urge you to not only attend but forward the information along to colleagues, friends, family, sister queens, etc.

The organization's supporters include such institutions as Bank of America, my former firm KPMG, and T. Rowe Price, just to name a few. For more information about how you can donate or volunteer, please check out their website: http://www.dressforsuccess.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment