Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rite Care Bull and Oyster Roast

Excuse me while I loosen the belt on my dress! The masons at the Scottish Rite sure know how to throw a bash! From a wine and cake wheel (I won a bottle!) down to the buffet style roast, the event to support Rite Care was reminiscent of the pancake breakfasts and fundraisers I frequented in my youth at my church.

It was a treat to jump start our collaboration with the organization in Baltimore. Greetings to Dr. Mason and brothers and many thanks for your hospitality this evening. In possession of the Masonry's highest honors, Dr. Wilhelmson is also an alumni of Loyola College, a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, received his D.D.S. from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, and serves on the Loyola College Board of Trustees (just to name a few items on his resume). And I thought getting my MBA was impressive! Wow!

Home to the Miss Maryland US pageant, our relationship with the Rite is rooted in a relationship built by my director, also the director for Miss Virginia US. With nearly 200 clinics nationwide, Rite Care Childhood Language Programs provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment of speech and language disorders, as well as learning disabilities. Through fundraisers such as these, their reach continues to grow.

For more on the Program and upcoming events, please visit: http://www.scottishrite.org/what/phil/ritecare.html

Photos below are of Dr. Wilhelmson and I, attendees and our $10 raffle (for $10 dollars you received as many tickets as you could reach!)


No comments:

Post a Comment