Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thumbs Up for Blumpari

Wednesday was my first unofficial day at my internship-- hosting the 3rd Annual Women Spanning the Globe Forum. I was overwhelmed by the inspiration and breath of knowledge I gained from some of the most innovative and charismatic women in town.

For instance, Cherry-- she is quick to tell you she is named after the fruit her mother had cravings for during her pregnancy. Memorable not only for her name, but for her infectious enthusiasm for her business venture-- handbags. Utilizing her Fulbright experience to study microfinancing and handwoven textiles in Thailand, her line (Blumpari) is as beautiful as it is socially responsible; yep, socially responsible.

If you have a moment, I'd encourage you to visit the handbag designer 101 website to VOTE (thumbs up) for her collection. She was selected to be in the finals among 600+ other submissions!

http://www.hbd101.com/handbags?finalist=2222

No comments:

Post a Comment