Sunday, January 24, 2010

Loyola University 2010 Emerging Women's Leadership Conference

After my feature in Loyola magazine hit the streets, I was inundated with appearance requests and messages of support from alums, colleagues and community leaders-- but one speaking engagement stood out-- being the key note speaker for this year's Loyola University Maryland Emerging Women's Leadership Conference.

I recently had the opportunity to sit in on a planning meeting and it is with great anticipation (and a little bit of fear!) that I start to prepare for my speech. The day will focus on celebrating women as leaders, challenge gender issues in the workplace and community and at a minimum, serve as the networking event of the year.

People often ask how my experience at Loyola has been and, now that I've officially received my MBA, what my plans are going forward. In addition to receiving my degree, I've worked to increase my self awareness, reflect on my strengths and define what I want the rest of my life to look like, both personally and professionally.

For those who know me, know that I am a huge book worm. Over winter break, I read one of my Christmas gifts-- "The Secret." I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to take control of their future. I am also re-reading "Play Like a Man, Win Like a Woman," a copy of which I received before leaving KPMG.

If anyone has any other reading suggestions that are targeted toward goal setting, women in leadership, self actualization, etc please pass them along!

No comments:

Post a Comment